- Japanese Woodblock Print - Fireworks at Ryogoku
- Artist: Utagawa Hiroshige (1797-1858)
- From the series "One Hundred Views of Famous Places of Edo"
- Dimensions: 33.8 × 22.3 cm
- Original woodblock print
- Handcrafted & Made in Japan
Two-thirds of the space in this design is occupied by the night sky, where a large round fireworlk and the long curving line of another firework make a symphony of light. Below are a crowed of spectators on Ryogoku bridge and numerous boathouses. This is a masterly depiction of a night when the citizens of Edo(Tokyo) bid farewell to the departing summer.Learn More